Everyone else is blogging about Christmas. Darn it, I guess I'd better get to it. I haven't even Facebooked any photos lately..I'm more into Twitter now, but I just got all my friends on Facebook, and I'm sure they aren't ready to make the move yet.
We've had a fun Christmas season. A few parties with friends, a few more outings and, Dennis got the gift he'd been asking for all year -- grapes. A big bag of really expensive grapes. Nowadays, we question every aspect of our parenting from where the kids sleep to what they eat and drink to whether we've outfitted them in the proper organic outfits. So, when I flat out refuse to buy my kids grapes that topped out at over $5/lb this Summer, I justify it because that's what Dennis has been telling everyone he wants from Santa!
We've also endured our share of sicknesses this Winter, but hopefully that is all behind us now.
We had our First Annual Christmas Eve party, which started at 9am this year. We hope to eventually transition into an evening party, but for now, given the oldest tot at our party was 5yrs old, we have to work around naptimes.
The kids now regularly wake up around 5:30am and so our Christmas morning tree-stocking-fest was done by 7:30. We went for a walk up our alley to the Firestation and lo and behold, they were more than happy to welcome us inside for a frolic amongst the trucks and gear. We can never get enough of good old Station 21.
Since the construction on the house is in full swing, I took the kids out to our favorite community center to play while Terry moved all our furniture outside to avoid sheetrock dust, coming Monday.
We also took the kids out to various parks, all of which were frozen solid. But, as long as they come home with pink cheeks, we are happy.
One of the prices we pay for having eaten out so often with the kids is that Dennis now routinely says he wants to go to a Mexican restaurant and have chips and salsa. So, that's where we are headed tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment