Sure, it is hard for me to go out alone with my children without generating at least a few comments such as 'Boy you've got your hands full', and the occasional odd comment at stores such as 'Oh I know what you need down this aisle'...while in the pharmacy aisle... leaving me to wonder what the heck they meant! The other day, Terry and I did an experiment - he took one shopping cart with Dennis and George, and I took the other with just Vivian, instead of me with the double stroller. Presto - just two 'normal' people, no comments made that day!
That said, those of you that have known me in my younger theatre days, or my recent business days where I did anything to get on TV or in print, know that I really don't mind people, attention or sharing the same story over and over...so I won't complain further.
This week, we are busily and happily planning a party for our dear friend who is leaving town with her family - Holly is the first Mom friend I made when I first ventured out of the house to Gymboree and Ben is the first friend Dennis made, when he was just a little over 2 months old. We have stayed friends with a few of the other Gymboree gang, and while the party planning is fun, we can't help but be a little sad that she is leaving.
Dennis and Ben had a blast last year at Ben's first birthday party:
This week, while doing our best to try to create a fabulous party environment, our trusty truck, which we were using to haul all the supplies to fix up our yard, broke down and is now in the shop. Later that day, we noticed that Ripley's ear looked like a water balloon. The Vet said that Ripley had an aural hematoma, a possible heart murmur, and several lumps that might be cancerous and she needed to have surgery on her ear, immediately. Normally we would put her in the truck...but she got to ride in my car. Post surgery, the Vet had to put a drain in it, and a cone around her head, and we are somehow supposed to keep her from flapping her ears for.. oh.. .a month or it could happen again.
Did I mention that neither the Vet nor the Chevy dealer offered their services for free? Weird!
Those that know me know that I don't normally post about stuff like this, but it just seemed an appropriate way to lead up to saying that life really is good, and having 3 beautiful children, a fantastic husband who is the best Dad ever, and 2 frisky dogs who keep our kids entertained really is a super way to spend the days.
Assuming of course there are at least a few minutes in the day like this: